What is a Funeral Celebrant?
Celebrating a loved family member’s life is a very important event; what you need to keep in mind is that you have just one opportunity to do this well. While the funeral director can handle all aspects of a funeral and memorial service, many people are now opting for services that funeral celebrants offer.
Services a Funeral Celebrant offers:
A Funeral Celebrant works closely with the family to organize and plan the service in accordance with the family’s wishes. Some of the services that the celebrants at Weber-Hurd Funeral Home offer include:
- Meeting with the decedent’s family and friends to discuss and plan the details of the service. They explore the family’s wishes and the deceased’s life in respect to how the entire event will be run
- They choreograph the ceremony that is unique, personal and respectful
- They may take either a primary or a secondary role at the service
- Being available to the family during business as well as post business hours to discuss aspects of the service
- Ensuring that no detail is overlooked or missed
- Providing assistance with selecting verses, poems, readings and music, or other special touches
- Liaising very closely with the funeral director to convey changes that a family might make; this helps the Funeral Director be prepared for the funeral day
- Delivering eulogies that family members feel they can’t deliver themselves
- Leading the service in accordance with your specific wishes in a dignified and stylish manner.
- Ability to provide some comfort to the grieving family so that they have full confidence that the service will run as planned.
- Understanding the industry and legal protocols along with a full knowledge of all procedures and policies.
If you want to know more about funeral celebrant services and other details, don’t hesitate to call us at Weber-Hurd Funeral Home. We’ll be happy to help.
"Principles of the Past, Choices for Today"
Our funeral homes proudly serve the following communities: Peoria, East Peoria, Chillicothe, North Hampton, Rome, Mossville, Alta, Lawn Ridge, Edelstein, West Hallock, Akron,
Dunlap, Hopewell, Sparland, Lacon, Spring Bay, Oak Ridge, Metamora, Bartonville, Hanna City, Peoria Heights, Kickapoo, Glasford, Pekin and Morton Illnois